Wednesday, December 28, 2005

One And Done

I started this blog a year ago with the idea that while oil and other conventional hydrocarbon energy sources were dwindling, mankind would find a way around them. I still feel that way, but I no longer have any strong itch to cross swords with the millennialist Greens, nor do I especially care for the "commie fag" comments I get occaisionally from children with nothing better to do with their days. Regardless of the reason, I've said all I'm going to say on these topics for now. There may be more coming in the future, but I've successfully resisted posting about several interesting stories now (like this one from the Knight-Ridder newswire talking about oil exploration driving up the cost of rig rental), and expect to do so in the future as well. Oil prices are on the rise, no doubt about it. It's unlikely we'll find enough oil to satisfy all the demands from across the globe, and somehow, whether peacefully, or as Dubya has decided to do, through military means, the remainder will be distributed. The consequences will be enormous, but I want to get myself away from all the doomsaying. It's time for me to go.

Thank you for reading.